Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adventures with iMovie




Adventures with iMovie...oh what an adventure it was. Imovie was an interesting experience for me, but one that I am glad I got to experiment with and now know how to operate. It was pretty stressful at the beginning, but let's face it, I get pretty stressed out in the beginning with most of the programs in this class. So I guess no one is surprised that some amount of stress was involved with the production of my iMovie.

Anyways, iMovie is a very interesting program. It is incredible to think that we can just take a series of 12-15 pictures, drag them into the program, add some effects, and way to go you have created your very own movie. That sounds rather simple, but there were some technical difficulties.

I had a hard time with the timing of all of the clips. Some were rather long and others really short, but I had no idea how that was happening. I then had to cut a lot out and go in and adjust the time. I also realized that pressing "add" and "update" were two completely different actions. "Add" added stuff while "update" acted like a save button. It took me a really long time to realize that those buttons were very different. But once I did, it was smooth sailing. I also had a lot of help from Brittany. She seems to catch on to things in class very quickly. I am always a few steps behind her. I am thankful for her though, she helps me out a ton in class.

In the end, I sort of enjoyed iMovie. Ha I am not sure I will ever just fire it up on my computer at home and start creating masterpieces. But I am thankful that I know how to use it. I think that if I got more familiar with it I could use it somehow in the classroom. I think that it would be a great tool to use to introduce myself to the class in an easy and quick way. I also think that kids are very interested in forms of multimedia and the potential that they hold. There is a ton of creativity that could be displayed using iMovie.

I loved adding a soundtrack to my movie. I think sound adds so much to a project, so I loved that aspect. That was also maybe the easiest part. I just had to drag it into the program and there it was.

So yay for me and my relationship with iMovie. It might be a short relationship, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, funny closing to a nice reflection, Chelsea. I am relieved that despite the stresses of your first venture into iMovie, you see still see the value of multimedia production in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete