Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scavenger Hunt using Voicethread

I adore scavenger hunts and VoiceThread. Scavenger hunts are always an activity that I have loved. I love getting out of wherever you are, being able to move around outside, and how it incorporates all the members of a group. It was great to be able to have a long break outside, away from the ice box that is our classroom. I also really enjoyed my group members and the creativity that we all incorporated into our hunt.

Once we got back into the classroom and opened up VoiceThread I immediately loved it. It was so simple to use. It was such a forgiving program and that is something I need to not get overwhelmed and stressed. I also loved the features of the program with text comments, doodling, and being able to make voice comments. Doodling and voice comments were my favorite. You get to demonstrate your creativity and really have fun with your comments.

This would be such an excellent feature to use in the classroom. I would love to have my students go on a scavenger hunt and display their images with VoiceThread. I think that students would love using VoiceThread because of the potential for an abundant use of their creativity. I think they would love to doodle and voice comment. It would be a great idea to use because all different types of students would thrive under this program. All different types of creativity would be able to shine.

Needless to say, I loved VoiceThread and can't wait to use it in my classroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment